Friday, September 16, 2011

Why now?

This blog will be a forum to help share the news of families adopting children born with special needs from countries outside of the United States. It is my hope to raise awareness of the plight of orphans, help campaign for child matching ministries and other platforms bringing these children to their forever families.

I am just one gal, with heart for God and a love for children with special needs *especially Down syndrome*

I have three boys (soon to be four boys) and two of them have Down syndrome. Join me in this journey, it's sure to be full of love, praise, and heartache too. The truths will be told., statistics shared and prayers lifted.


----------------here is a post from my family blog written sometime this past year-------------

Many of my friends think I am a strong woman, capable of anything I put my mind too. I am not that woman...
My heart breaks for those children who are not loved because society thinks they aren't worthy of love. If I could do just one thing in my lifetime, it would be to rescue every child from an orphanage and find them LOVING homes. But, no matter how much I put my mind to it, I cannot accomplish this. I am not that woman.
I would love to eradicate ignorance for children born with disabilities, but no matter how much I put my mind to it, I cannot accomplish this. I am not that woman.
I want to help parents understand a child with a disability is not a horrible secret to be ashamed of. But, no matter how much I put my mind to it, I cannot accomplish this. I am not that woman.
I want to take cancer away forever. But, no matter how much I put my mind to it, I cannot accomplish this. I am not that woman.
I want families to never have to bury their child, ever. This is not something any parent should ever have to do in their lifetime. But, no matter how much I put my mind to it, I cannot accomplish this. I am not that woman.
All I can do, is pray. Pray for those babies left behind to be closed away from the world. Pray for acceptance of everyone in the world, for us to all be on a level playing field in one another's eyes. Pray for those families struggling with accepting their perfectly "imperfect" child and for them to accept that so-called imperfection as PERFECTION at it's finest. Pray for strength and healing on Earth for those precious souls battling cancer. And pray for the families whose angels here on Earth are called home too soon for us left here.
Prayer is all I can put my mind to doing. Prayer is what I am strong enough for, because, I am that woman







Isaiah 1:17 (NIV) "learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow."



James 1:27 (NIV)
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

2 comments:

  1. Christy, you have a heart of Gold. I know that you have found your calling from God. I am sure that your mother is watching with God and smiling the biggest smile she can. I know that your journey has not been easy but through it all you have had a positive attitude and have in the process blessed many that follow you. May God continue to bless you and your family. God Speed and God Bless.

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget said it best <3 Bless you, Christie!!

    ReplyDelete